I can’t believe someone published a brilliant study of AppStore marketing. Some nice key points:
- Price reduction by 2 times resulted in 3 times more units sold.
- Free ad supported version of an app can easily bring more revenue than the premium paid version.
- Good free version of an app is a must, especially if the premium version is expensive.
- Web advertising for AppStore is utterly useless.
- Cross-application advertising for AppStore is almost useless.
- AppStore Ranking algorithm revealed!